Manama, The Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of Fourth quarter 2021, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.
The value of imports increased by 18%, reaching BD1.406 billion during fourth quarter 2021 compared to BD1.191 billion for the same quarter the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 71% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 29%.
According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD204 million, Brazil was second with BD180 million, and Australia was third with BD129 million.
Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD198 million, while Aluminum oxide was second with BD125 million, and Jewelry of gold third with BD37 million.
The value of exports of national origin increased by 99% to BD1.192 billion during fourth quarter 2021, compared to BD599 million for the same quarter of the previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 67% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 33%.
Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD193 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the USA was second with BD107 million and UAE third with BD99 million.
Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top products exported during third quarter 2021 with BD320 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed was second with a value of BD211 million, and Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) third with BD82 million.
The total value of re-exports decreased by 1% to reach BD155 million in the fourth quarter 2021, compared to BD157 million for the same quarter of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 84% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 16%. The UAE ranked first with BD39 million, Saudi Arabia second with BD33 million, and Singapore third with BD16 million.
Parts for airplanes emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD19 million, gold ingots came in second place with BD17 million, and four-wheel drive cars came third with BD8 million.
The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totaling BD59 million during fourth quarter 2021 compared to BD435 million for the same quarter of the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 86%, That is reflected positively in the value of the trade balance.
Source: Bahrain news Agency