Search
Close this search box.

Iraqi Embassy in Cairo Announces Egypt’s Approval for Truck Entry

Cairo: The Iraqi Embassy in Cairo announced on Sunday that an agreement had been reached to allow empty Iraqi trucks to re-enter Egypt.

According to Iraqi News Agency, the embassy said in a statement received that ‘the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Cairo, under the direct follow-up of Iraqi Ambassador to the Arab Republic of Egypt and Iraq’s Permanent Representative to the Arab League Qahtan Taha Khalaf, and through a series of contacts with officials and specialists at the Egyptian Ministry of Transport, succeeded in reaching an agreement to re-allow empty Iraqi trucks to enter Egyptian territory, following a previous decision to ban their entry.’

It added that ‘this understanding is the result of the diplomatic efforts made by the embassy and its follow-up with the relevant Egyptian authorities, contributing to facilitating land transport and enhancing trade exchange and economic cooperation between the two brotherly countries.’

It said that ‘it was agreed to include this issue on the agenda of the specialized technical committees between the Iraqi and Egyptian sides, to discuss it in detail during their meetings scheduled to be held next September, with the aim of regulating the relevant procedures and reaching sustainable solutions that serve the common interests of the two countries.’